Milton Sterilising Fluid 500ml
What is Milton Sterilising Fluid?
Milton Sterilising Fluid 500ml effectively kills all known germs including thrush. Simply add one capful for every five litres of cold water and immerse baby’s bottles, teats and dummies for at least 30 minutes before use. Note: Use a bottle and teat brush and warm, soapy water to thoroughly remove all milk before inserting into Milton mixture.
How to use:
For sterilising baby bottles and teats without boiling.
- Clean utensils thoroughly. After each feed rinse out bottles and teats with cold water. Wash in soap and water using a bottle brush. Rub teats with salt inside and outside to remove milk deposit rinse with cold water. Note: always use cold water-hot water hardens milk residue and inhibits effective sterilisation.
- Prepare Milton solution: Use Milton sterilising unit or a non-metallic container. Fill the unit with cold water. Add 12.5ml of Milton to every litre of water. Half a capful of Milton = 12.5ml. Note: make a new Milton solution every 24 hours. Do not leave solution in direct sunlight.
- Soak utensils for 30 minutes. Place baby's bottles and teats in the Milton solution. Make sure all items are completely covered by the solution. Remove any trapped air bubbles in the bottles. Place lid on and leave for at least 30 minutes. Note: leave in solution until next feed.
- Wash hands before removing utensils. Wash hands thoroughly before removing items from the solution. Drain bottles and teats. Do not rinse. Fill bottle immediately and cover teat. Use cap for ml measurement.
Use - dilution - instruction:Milton makes your drinking water safe - 2ml Milton and 1 litre water - strain water through and clean material to remove debris - add Milton. Let water stand for 30 minutes. SABS tested and approved.
Milton protects kitchen cloths and surfaces from bacteria - 40ml Milton and 1 litre water - disinfect kitchen surface with a regular wipe down with the solution. Also soak kitchen cloths as long as required. SABS tested and approved.
Use Milton in the nursery to protect baby's things from harmful germs - 40ml Milton and 1 litre water - disinfect bibs, wipe down edges of cots, waterproof sheets and covers. Also soak plastic, wooden and rubber toys. SABS tested and approved. Milton helps cut flowers last twice their normal life - 5ml Milton and 1 litre water - pour solution into vase. Not tested by SABS.
- Sodium hypochlorite: 1.0%.
- Sodium chloride: 16.5%.